Specification (standard version)
- Overall lenght: 990mm / 39”
- Body width: 280mm / 11”
- Body lenght: 455mm / 17 15/16”
- Body thickness: 48mm / 1 15/16”
- Neck depth: 22mm / 14/16”
- Neck width nut: 45mm / 13/4”
- Neck width 12th freth: 55mm / 25/32”
- Scale lenght: 648mm / 25 1/2”
- String spread nut: 37,5mm / 1 15/32”
- String spread bridge: 52,4mm / 21/16”
- Action on 12th fret: 1.8mm / 2.3mm (+- 0.2mm)
- Neck relief: 0.2mm – 0.3mm
- Weight: 3.9 kg
- Fingerboard: lenght – 495mm / 19 1/2”,
radius – 380mm / 15”
- Tunners: Schaller locking tunners, 16:1, black
- Nut: Brass
- Truss rod: dual action
- Bridge: 2Tek, solid brass, nickel finish
- 4 ebony knobs with white dot
- 2 ebony humbuckers trims with setting screws
- 2 black strap locks with spring
- Black round recessed socket for 6,3 mm mono output jack
- Eliptic ebony truss rod cover with three screws
- Strings: Ernie Ball – Regular Slinky (.010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046)
- Frets: nickel silver 18%
w=0.078” (1.98mm), h=0.050” (1.27 mm)
- 2 linear 500k potentiometers for separate volume control
- 2 logarithmic 500k potentiometers for separate tone control
- Three way pickup selector
- Alnico II Pro Seymour Duncan Humbucker – neck
- Seymour Duncan SH13 Dimbucker – bridge
- Body: African mahogony
- Body top layer: ash
- Neck: ash
- Fingerboard: ebony
- 3.3mm Ivory dots on fingerboard
- Black grain filler
- Sanded dark stain
- Epoxy base coat – transparent
- Transparent melamine lacquer
This is a newer version of the original ZR Scarab model. This guitar has extended body length. A horn has been added to move centre of gravity forward and improve balance on the strap. Over-all design remained unchanged.
ZR Scarab is a guitar with really unique built. It was designed for strength and playability. Tonal character of chosen wood species is nice. Body with glued neck respond very well to string vibration and keeps stable tune. Resonance strongly modulates string frequencies and pickups scan it. That creates unique sound of the guitar. Sound character is balanced, rather warm and woody. Bridge construction and strong built extend vibration time – sustain. This was an intended purpose for unfretted guitar fingerboard, but it is a good property of fretted instruments too.
This kind of guitar has been already made in two versions. Fretless version with SD Dimebucker SH13 on the bridge position and SD jazz model on the neck. Fretted guitar has flat fingerboard. This was a custom requirement for playing slide style. Guitar templates are prepared for using two Seymour Duncan humbuckers but new guitar can be supplied with single coils too. To make each guitar more personal electric circuit and controls can be modified, neck shape and length, as well type of frets and few more things. We have no problem to make this design for left-handed players. Each guitar is made on the basis of personal requirements. Due to tonal quality of the wood, we do not fit active pickups on these guitars. This type of pickups do not scan so much of the body resonance as passive pickups. There is a small size body, however it has quite long scale and strong sound output.
Each guitar gets individuadal look due to grain structure in the ash wood, which is filled with black filler. Satin lacquer looks best, but we can make it in full mat or gloss.
If you are looking for a guitar which would become a part of you and would never lost a value, than we would be glad to make it for you. We supply ZR Guitars with bespoke cases to enhance their beauty.
You are welcome with your request.